August 13, 2009

Edited to Add...

Well, we all made it through the start of school. Things are trucking along nicely. I've been working 11-hour days, but at least my room is looking like an actual classroom. My kids are great, too. I have WAY more boys than girls, total opposite of last year. Here's a link to a newspaper article about our repairs. I guess I'm too lazy to tell it myself right now.

I am not sure if I said this or not, but I had another 100 miles last week, and this week I am cutting back. I was going to aim for low 80s, but now it's looking like it will be a little lower than that. I'm spending too many hours at the school to fit in a lot of running. I'm planning on doing a little 5K in Monroeville Saturday. I'm doubt it will be a PR b/c 8:00 on an August morning in Alabama is usually 82* w/ about 97% humidity. You know, perfect racing weather. LOL.

http://www.brewtonstandard.com/articles/2009/08/13/news/doc4a82bd3740c68087490103.txt

5 comments:

  1. Good luck at your race, glad to hear the classroom is coming along. It isn't too long till M day in CT!!! I know because my M day is 24 hours later. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/13/2009

    good luck in the race, those conditions sound incredibly icky. glad that things are "trucking along" at school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll cross my fingers for lower temps for you, but somehow don't think that's happening in Alabama in August. ;) Run strong, and glad things are moving right along at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you're already talking "start of school". My, how the summer has flown by in its wet, humid haze.

    Congrats on another fantastic mileage week and good luck with the race. You're so tough, I wouldn't even sign up with conditions like those. Start hydrating now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on another century! I think the cut back will bring great results for your 5K and I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Time for me to go read the article you posted the link for. Glad things are coming together with your classroom and your students.

    ReplyDelete